Saturday, October 24, 2020

Squirrelly 1998

 


As 1998 ended, I was up in my old home Massachusetts with my folks and friends. My parents (and I, in my youth) lived in a woodsy area full of trees and wildlife. You could always see squirrels, many species of birds, and various woodland critters including bunnies, chipmunks, and skunks. The squirrels were always at our bird feeder, whose dome was designed to deter the bushy-tailed pests but never worked. I sketched the squirrels' antics from inside our sunroom. At upper left corner, a squirrel perched on a fence post. Lower half of page, athletic rodents grab the seeds from the feeder. A squirrel is hanging upside down by his little legs, getting the seeds away from the birds. Another squirrel clings to a feeder while raiding. Squirrels are rather easy to draw, because their tails are so big in proportion to their bodies.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 4 1/2" x 7 1/2", December 31, 1998.

No comments: