Monday, November 17, 2008

Golden Cereal




I design decorative price tags for my Trader Joe's. These are always seen by the customer, though not often remarked upon. They are part of the general appeal of the store. A couple of years ago, I did them on a computer in a pseudo-Victorian style, but current policy forbids digital media and wants only hand-done art. I still use the computer to color the drawings in. This one is for the cereal section. I drew the original (2.25 inches by 7.25 inches) in brown ink, then scanned it into Photoshop and added color. There must always be a bit of "Hawaiiana" in the designs, hence the "driftwood," the carvings, and the leaves of tropical foliage.

1 comment:

emikk said...

I can understand why they want them hand done, we're losing our hand done culture these days...and we don't want to, i don't think so anyway....