Thursday, December 4, 2008

Majestic Library of Congress hall




In the mid 80s I still lived in Cambridge, but I used to go to the Washington, DC area regularly to visit friends. I also did plenty of sketching. I did this drawing on site in the Great Hall of the Library of Congress. It took between 2 and 3 hours to do and is about 12" x 9". I moved to the DC area in 1988 and I used to visit the Library of Congress a lot when I was doing my research on Zoroastrianism in the mid-1990s. Now I never go there; my interests have moved elsewhere. 

My project to scan my drawing and art archives is taking up the time I would otherwise use to produce new sketches (art by-products). Also I am still not completely unpacked from my Baltimore convention. I will continue to entertain you from my backlog until more fresh product is available.