Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blossom of Light




Here's another iris from my flowery year of 1991. I got the idea of superimposing irises on nebula pictures, possibly because I was so bored with just the same old blue nebula. In those days I was mystical enough to title this one "Blossom of Light." I painted images of a lot of irises back then. I don't think I'd paint an iris painting now, unless someone commissioned it and paid me a good price for it. Maybe I shouldn't yammer on about this now, since no one is lining up to commission anything from me.

"Blossom of Light" is acrylic on illustration board, 7" x 10", May 1991.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Oh, I love this one! Maybe my favorite of you flower pics! If I had the money I would commission a flower....hmm, you do owe me 2 art cards. One could be like this! :)