Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Floating Spherical Cats of Virginia



The beginning of High Summer in the foothills of the Shenandoah in Virginia is, as always, signaled by the arrival of the giant floating spherical cats. These creatures, which feed on mist, air, and emanations from fields and vineyards, seem threatening, but are actually harmless. They have been known to settle in meadows to bask in the sun. Residents often try to shoot at them, but nothing has ever harmed them, which suggests that these may be multi-dimensional in nature. After the autumn grape harvest, the cats float away and disappear, escaping to some unknown place where it is warm, to return the following June.

Inspired by this picture on "Cute Overload." Photoshop, a couple of hours, June 30, 2010.

4 comments:

Tristan Alexander said...

Very serealistic (I am sure I spelled that wrong, which is odd since big words like that I useualy get right, it's the small easy ones I mess up). Odd and funny pic!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making such a playful picture! It made me laugh, or as they say back East, it made me lorf.

Rae Trigg said...

This made me smile. I really like it.

Robby Baby Dark Poet of Amour said...

I love this! It's just the right level of "cute," and artistically, I love the fuzzy effect. This pic really makes me smile :)