Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cloud Star Burst



Another blue painting. I must really like this color. In this one a bright globular cluster of stars can be seen behind the transparent gases of a nebula. I thought of rain while I planned this picture, which was actually a duplicate of a smaller piece I displayed at a convention. A couple of space art fans commissioned me to make a bigger version of the globular cluster piece and here it is (was). The title of both pictures is "Cloud Star Burst," combining metaphors of weather and starlight. There is nothing more lovely to me than a summer rainstorm on a hot humid day, passing by leaving a rainbow in its wake. No rainbow in this picture though.

"Cloud Star Burst" is acrylic on illustration board, 11" x 14", June 1991.

2 comments:

emikk said...

Are you going through your blue period?

Pyracantha said...

Emikk, I am old enough not to have any periods any more.