Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Threads of Light



I still think blue and red are the best colors for space paintings, given that the real colors aren't visible to our human eyes. Add a line of pink clouds and you have instant spaceability. I used more blotter paper work on the red stuff, plus brushwork. Illuminating gas is always an astronomical image enhancer.

My work on Bizmac has been hampered by a bad cold which developed into bronchitis and has cost me days of work. I haven't been Productive and it bothers me. I am a good red-pink-and-blue American and believe that Productivity is the most important thing to have. Meanwhile I stare at dazzling work by 21-year-old Chinese illustrators and realize how far away my goal of being an Illustrator is.

"Threads of Light" is the usual, October 1991.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Looks red, white and blue to me, very patriotic! And just because you have not sold anything as an illustrator lately, does not mean you are NOT an illustrator. YOU ARE! Hope you get well soon!