Monday, November 15, 2010

Autumn Glow



This is another of a series of round-top backdrops I'm doing for the vegetable and fruit displays at Trader Joe's. It's inspired by a real view that I enjoyed at Willowcroft Winery. The day I went to Willowcroft I blithely forgot my camera so I missed recording some splendid autumn scenery. But I have a good visual memory, so this is an impressionistic view depicting what I saw, not a photographic one. You can see the leaves flying in the wind. There was a misty autumn glow in evening sunlight over the valley, it was heavenly. This little bit of heaven will be behind bananas or pomegranates or bags of apples.

"Autumn Glow" is acrylic markers on Masonite, about 3 ft. by 2 ft.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Very pastoral and nestalgic! Reminds me of Victorian landscapes.