Saturday, August 6, 2011

Trans Am



First Friday comes to Falls Church again, and so it's time to trot out the old cars. I enjoyed the sights and sounds of classic, lovingly restored "muscle cars" from the 1970s, including this shiny black 1971 Pontiac Trans Am with its hood raised. I drew the car and some of the people gathered at the event, which also featured barbecue samples, vendors, ice cream, and a fairly competent Southern-rock band. Click on the pic for a bigger view.

Y'know I am supposed to do art from REALITY like plein air, on site, live models, stuff like that but I'm getting so bored, couldn't I just do a lurid fantasy character here and there even if it's bad?

1 comment:

sally said...

What's stopping you from doing fantasy except the idiotic and entirely useless "should"?