Friday, September 9, 2011

Cars in the Rain


As I was coming home from Mena's bagel and doughnut shop, I became imbedded in very slow-moving traffic. A mile up the road, there must have been a flood or an accident, in torrential rain that did not let up for hours. So what do I do when sitting in traffic, immobile for many minutes at a time? Draw, of course. I have a couple of sketchbooks in my car for these moments. Here are the cars in the rain, the suburban deluge. Eventually I was able to leave that road and go home via a back way. When I got home I found the backyard and swimming pool flooded with silty water. Fortunately, I don't have to clean it up, someone else will do that work. The pool is closed for the fall, anyway. I'm glad my car doesn't leak. That might get water on the drawing.

"Cars in the Rain" is ink on sketchbook page, 6" x 4", September 8, 2011.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Could this be called drawing in "plaine raine?"