Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fantasy Wedding



This elegant couple did not belong to the Court of Tyr Moel. They were in a completely different area and community. But they were the same type of people as the Court: fond of fantasy role-playing, games, and costuming. And they commissioned me to do their wedding portrait. For their ceremony, the couple wore this Renaissance garb. The bride sewed both her own gown and the groom's finery, and they posed for me wearing their garb. They were not, unfortunately, married in the cathedral I depicted for their background; that was my own creation. As of 2008 they were still together, but I don't know what they are doing now.

Renaissance wedding picture is 18" x 24", acrylic on Masonite, summer-to-fall 1986. Click on the pic for a somewhat larger view.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Very nice! I LOVE the background! That reminds me...I still don't have the small Art trading cards you owe me!