Sunday, September 25, 2011

Molon Lave in Autumn



My wine destination this Saturday was a return visit to the "Molon Lave" winery near Warrenton, VA. The last time I was there was in July of 2010, documented in this posting to the By-Product. The Greek-American family was there to serve their delicious wines, including excellent reds and their signature "Kokineli Rose" with its hint of Greek retsina resin taste. I did a longer view this time, showing the vines at the left and part of their pond to the right. It was a grey, cloudy day, so the colors aren't as vivid as some of my other winery drawings. I've visited so many wineries by now that many of my visits are returns rather than discoveries. That's all right by me.

Molon Lave view is 10" x 5", colored pencil on sketchbook page, September 24, 2011.

No comments: