Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Caribou Barista


Baristas at coffee houses are always interesting people. They are only working at the coffee shop as a day job while they pursue other career paths or training. No one in a coffee house says, "I'm gonna be a barista for the rest of my life." This young man behind the coffee counter here at Caribou, next door to my workplace, is studying evolutionary biology and zoology (or something like that). The coffee people come and go, I have witnessed generations of them at Starbucks and now Caribou, and after endless years of cappuccino sipping, I've said goodbye to all of them, as someday I will say goodbye to this one. But they are all welcome friends while the coffee is poured.

Pitt black sketch pen on sketchbook page, about 5" x 5", January 14, 2013.

No comments: