Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Are my markers dried out


I have a lot of markers. I have more markers than any sane person should have. There are hundreds and hundreds of them, both water and dye based, or alcohol and dye based, or pigment based. I have so many that some of them sit in storage for a long time and I hardly ever use them. Then when I finally open up the case and try to use a set, I find that they have dried up. I opened up a bright, colorful set tonight and tested the markers to see whether they were still good. These markers are for kids and are all bright dye colors, like crayons, rather than the sophisticated mixed colors of Copic or Prismacolor markers. Most of this set of markers were still good, so I made this doodle with the oranges and purples, with some blue. I added background color with my other more professional markers. Almost no Photoshop was used in this effort. I used it just to touch one shape up. The purple ovals are inspired by grapes.

"Essay in Orange and Purple" is markers on sketchbook page, 5 3/4" x 5", April 10, 2013.

No comments: