Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Primeval Flight


Well before I applied myself to my dragon-drawing program last year, I was attempting, with varying success, to depict dragons doing dragonish things, such as flying and burning things with their fiery breath. This one seems somewhat clunky, like a flying plesiosaur or something like that. It is amateurish compared to the draconic level of excellence seen in current game, movie, and fantasy illustrative art. And the composition is totally boring. Oh well, it was a millennium ago. 

I may have to put the By-product on hold for the next few weeks, as there will probably be a death in my family (my aged father) and I will have to go to the home place in Massachusetts, well away from terror-stricken Boston. It's possible I'll have blogability from my laptop, but I don't know. I don't know how long things will take. Until I go away from my studio, I'll keep posting. 

"Primeval Flight" is acrylic on illustration board, 9" x 11", November 1998.

1 comment:

MKS said...

Of course there's no obligation to post, if it is at all a burden to you. But I hope you feel welcome to post about whatever as well, whether to talk about what you are going through with your dad or to get away from it and think about something else. I think your loyal readers/viewers are also your friends and would like to be here for you in whatever way we can be. At least, speaking for myself anyway.