Thursday, July 18, 2013

Another Castle Fantasy



I found another of the dozens of fantasy castles that I had painted, almost always on a small sellable scale. This one is called "The Sorceress Returns to the Castle." The swooping trails and shining starlike point are the tracks and aura of the Sorceress. I didn't make up any more story for this, and I just painted the castle without any perspective, as seen from a distance and lower elevation. The colors are a bit sugary in my opinion but it did sell to a person who had a collection of my works. Those were the days. 

"The Sorceress Returns to the Castle" is acrylic on Strathmore illustration board, 7" x 10", 
June 1992.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

I like it, you could do a whole book of these!

Just so you know, I wonl;t be commenting for the next 2 weeks, off to Pennsic (it is early this year).