Sunday, July 7, 2013

New winery


I visited a new winery in Northern Virginia, Capitol Vineyards. This idyllic place is located in a secluded hollow near Delaplane in horse country. Its tasting room is in what used to be an old country store. The hills you see here behind the early 20th century farmhouse are the future site of more vineyards. Right now the wooden stakes support baby grapevines. 

I did the beginning of this iPad drawing outdoors on site, but the heat and the blazing sunlight made it too difficult to proceed. I suppose a "real plein air artist" wouldn't let that get in the way. I downloaded the drawing into my main studio computer and finished it in Photoshop, including the farmhouse. This is a promising winery and I will be glad to return to it when the weather is milder. 

ArtStudio app on iPad, finished in Photoshop, July 6, 2013.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

Have you thought anymore about your book? It would be nice to have it done in time for Christmas shoppers to buy!