Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stick wielding model


Here I am trying yet again to depict a nearly naked barbarian warrior girl. I used a vintage Playboy model pose for the figure reference. Life class art models in my experience won't take "adventure" or action poses. Therefore I collect pin-up and photo model poses in books and from internet sources. The costume, or bits of costume, can be as absurd as I want as it's all fantasy anyway. Those top straps stick on with magic glue. Cosplayers and costumers use it all the time. This is a tiny picture but I need to work small drawing halfway decent fantasy pin-ups before I make them larger. I didn't need to delete this, it doesn't suck too badly. And I have lots more model pics to work from. 

Pitt pen sepia ink and markers on sketchbook page, 3 1/4" x 5", January 21, 2014.

No comments: