Friday, March 18, 2016

Boxmaster Combat Scene


Jacqueline Lichtenberg didn't write a lot of action and combat scenes, since she was more interested in characters and worldbuilding. But towards the end of the first in her proposed "Boxmaster" series the bad guys do attack the good guys, coming at them with a rather improbable large medical needle. Note the alien sidekick calling for help on her cell phone (this is 1994 and they were just starting to appear). I don't remember anything more about this plot except that the good guys escaped to do their good work again.

Ink on illustration board, 8 1/2" x 11", fall 1994. Click for larger view.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

WOW, I can not believe I had not seen these before, I really love these. You have a fantastic graphic style and these are amazing illustrations. The balance and power of these black and white illustrations make me envious!