Sunday, August 7, 2016

Breaux Vineyards interior


The Wine Team visited Breaux Vineyards in Purcellville, Virginia on "Wine Saturday" this weekend. They have a wonderful architectural setup which has European and New Orleans designs so artfully made they look like a movie set. Inside the golden stucco tasting hall are black-painted iron balconies and ornamental railings that are meant to re-create the 19th-century look of New Orleans' "French Quarter." Their offerings of charcuterie and cheese and fancy crackers are excellent and I tried to eat, drink, and draw at the same time which didn't work out too well for me. This drawing is my attempt to depict one of Breaux's interior designs in wrought iron. I wanted to have it architecturally perfect with all the railings and facings in the right place and order but did not manage it. You wouldn't know my failing unless you were there looking at the scenery. I need to go back to Breaux and do more drawings both indoors and outdoors because it is a majestic winery full of places to depict.

Sepia brown tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 7" x 5 1/2", August 6, 2016.

No comments: