Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Kinkadian at Honah Lee


I am back from vacation now and back at work in the studio. This piece is the only winery drawing I did on my vacation days, at Honah Lee Winery near Orange, Virginia. I just didn't want to "work" while on holiday. Honah Lee started out as only a vineyard making no wine but this year they are licensed and putting out their own brand of wine which is quite nice both white and red. They have also built up their location to make a wedding venue complete with garden path and a gazebo, which makes it look like a painting by the unfortunate Thomas Kinkade. They have a big white event tent for the guests. "Honah Lee" is of course from the famous Peter, Paul, and Mary song "Puff the Magic Dragon," and their logo has a dragon and wineglass combination.

Brown tech pen ink and colored pencil on sketchbook page, 8" x 7", some color added in the studio, August 18, 2016. 

Blogging will resume now.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

As soon as I read the title I thought of Puff the Magic Dragon ( long time favorite of mine from childhood). Lovely work as always...would look great in a second Winery book :)