Sunday, January 4, 2009

Otherworld Mediterranean




I did this house some time ago (February 2008) as a practice for architectural rendering of "traditional" buildings in Photoshop. It was done with the "brushes" (by which I mean, simulated textures), which I no longer have due to the Photoshop crash and which I will have to re-create one by one. 

The house is from my imaginary world of Noantri New Earth, and was built on the shores of their Mediterranean Sea, which is our Mediterranean sea in an alternative world. It's probably in the analogue of Sicily, which is the near-island of Trinacria. The inhabitants are from a rustic tribe called the "Keilians." They retain their simple and low-technological ways even in the middle of other high-technology cultures. 

My time management has gone all to hell. Even though I only work part time, I seem to have no time to do any of my creative endeavors. Today I spent my day wandering around spending money on non-frivolous things like art materials and a portable hard drive. If I had backed up those Photoshop brushes somewhere, then I could just re-load them. Now I will be spending hours and hours of precious time re-making them. I need more time but how to get it? I am absolutely no good at getting up in the morning. I mean, it's not just a bohemian preference, I am totally useless before noon. I think it is some perverse biological thing. Thank goodness my job is in the afternoon and evening. If any of you have any ideas how I could get anything done besides my day job, feel free to volunteer a (non-sarcastic, please) suggestion. 

No comments: