Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fantasy Pin-up Sketch


Time to do another fantasy pin-up. I selected a model photograph from one of my many photomodel books and sketched from it, adding contours and costume where necessary. This is the first preliminary sketch. I will do all sorts of digital work on it, inking and coloring. I recently acquired a book on digital inking and coloring and I'll be using this sketch and others later on as examples to work on. I also will receive soon a "how-to" book on digital painting in Photoshop. I have done a lot of Photoshop painting already but I am hoping that I'll get a more professional look to my digital art from this resource. I'm still working on page 43 of the graphic novel, in traditional watercolor. After page 50 or so, I'll be using digital color on that. I keep busy.

Pencil on sketchbook page, 5" x 8", September 22, 2012.

No comments: