Wednesday, October 31, 2012

After Sandy


On my way back to my home in Northern Virginia, I was delayed by the catastrophic storm of "Hurricane Sandy." My disaster plan was to hole up in my usual stop-off hotel until the storm was gone, and that is what I did. I have spent two days cooped up in a hotel room in southern New Jersey, the "ground zero" of the storm, including 17 hours without power on the night of the worst of it. During the storm there was not much to see. But on Tuesday, October 30, around 5 PM, I did this iPad sketch from my large hotel window of the remaining clouds from the storm, trailing behind looking threatening but not producing any more rain. Some of the fall foliage, as you can see, remained on the trees despite the high winds. The hotel is full of people from the area who have no power, have had their neighborhoods and houses flooded, or even worse. I am going to try to get home on Wednesday, October 31. 

ArtStudio on iPad, October 30, 2012.

No comments: