Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gruntle, a sea creature


A chilly autumn evening, dark rain clouds rolling in, and another iPad creature on my work break. I started with random squiggles and they suggested the form of the creature to me. It evolved into a compact, but well-decorated sea creature, probably a nudibranch. I drew the black and white version on the iPad, and then exported it to my main system for colorization. Its "face" seemed rather disgruntled to me. But rather than being disgruntled, I decided to be gruntled instead, so this little guy is named "Gruntle."


Here he is colorized in Photoshop, but without any seascape or coral reef in the background. Gruntle probably isn't very large, maybe about a foot long. He doesn't have much of an intellectual life, but that's OK.

Autodesk Sketchbook Pro on the iPad, colorized in Photoshop, October 15, 2012.

No comments: