Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mexican Hot Chocolate



It's hot chocolate time here in the northern parts of the USA, and Trader Joe's is once again offering its super-rich "sipping chocolate" mix. Once upon a time, Starbucks offered a sipping chocolate called "Chantico," which I adored but it was discontinued because people were too damn "healthy" to indulge in such a chocolate dream. Back in Paco's era winter was warmed by this concoction, which I remember being pretty good, though I preferred the sweet Mexican coffee with cinnamon. My Mesoamerican image collection gave me lots of amusing figures to fill my ads. They were both grotesque and charming and I could easily put a cup of hot chocolate in their hands. I also enjoyed using old Art Nouveau typefaces. 

Markers on posterboard, about 12" x 10", winter 1980.

No comments: