Saturday, August 1, 2015

Pennsylvania Lightning


On July 9 of this year I journeyed to the Philadelphia area to meet my friend and art client and deliver her Angelic Portrait to her. During the trip I had to pass through a violent thunderstorm with lightning and deluge. The storm passed over me and I drove through wet streets with large puddles, while the twilight scene was illuminated by vivid, flickering lightning. These were some of the worst conditions I've ever traveled in, but I managed to get to my destination.

This tiny drawing is a simulation, or an illustration. It is not the result of an on-site study. I used a generic Pennsylvania townhouse as a reference and the rest is from memory.

Brown tech pen ink and markers on sketchbook page, 3 1/2" x 2 1/4", August 1, 2015.

No comments: