Monday, December 10, 2018

20 Years Ago My Room


DarkoverCon 1998 is over and I'm back at home. Here is a drawing I made of my room after the con. You see bookcases, plush toys, boots and shoes, a plant, bead strings hanging on the wall, and a large pile of laundry. The unusual thing about this is that this room looks exactly the same right now. The only thing that is different is that I now have a bookcase in the  empty wall at center, and my racks of collectible orange sneakers. I still have the felt indoor boots you see in front of the left bookcase. The plant is still in the room but doing poorly; maybe I can re-pot it. The mass of laundry is ever-renewing. The more I wash, the more I pile on the floor, dirty or clean. Twenty years, the same thing.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 8" x 6", November 30, 1998.

No comments: