Thursday, December 20, 2018

Consumer Mall Perspective


This is one of the best sketches I ever drew in a mall, and I've done a lot of mall-drawing in my artistic life. I can't believe that I haven't blogged this before. Or maybe I did and forgot about it.  Tysons Corner Mall is right around the traffic-choked corner from me. You can see my dateline in the drawing: it's in January. It was relatively empty then, after the holidays were over, unlike now when it is wall-to-wall people frantically consuming. Some of the elements in this scene are changed or gone; no palm trees, no fountain. More restaurants appeared in later years including a sushi bar where sushi is delivered to you on a conveyer belt. I'll go back to the mall for drawing at some future opportunity.

Black tech pen on sketchbook page, 7" x 6", January 11, 2003.

No comments: