Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Closet Bookscape


One advantage of clutter is that you can draw bits and excerpts of it and make little abstractions. This tiny view is from one of my closets that I have filled with books. This area contains books, art, research notes, and other objects from my Zoroastrian project in the 1990s. I would like to donate most of it to a Zoroastrian community but so far I haven't been able to do it. One set of things hidden away here is a series of 7 paintings I did of Zoroastrian allegorical holy beings which dates from 1996-2000. If you look closely you can see a little cup with artificial (paper and foil) fire and standing before it is a statuette of one of the Three Magi, who were not kings, but Persian sages.

Tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 2 1/4" x 3", December 18, 2018.

2 comments:

sasamu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hi Hannah,

This is a contact from the past. We last met briefly at your store near Tysons. Whenever you are ready to donate the books that you mention, I'll be happy to pick them up and take them to the Kamran Dar-e Mehr & Zoroastrian Center in Boyds, MD. We have set up a small library.

Thank you all that you've done.

Kersi Shroff