Sunday, March 1, 2009

Darkover Fantasy Portrait




Here's a fantasy portrait of a real person from my Darkover days, in 1982. She had herself portrayed as a (male) Darkover character, complete with weird magical talisman and the four moons of the alien planet in the sky beyond. She owned most of the costume she is wearing in this depiction, and I made up the rest. My portrait client was also a musician, performing folk and Celtic music under the name "Peregrynne Windrider." I was good friends with her and we used to have fun together at conventions, drinking liqueur and having theological discussions. She married a devout Episcopalian and once they had children, they stopped coming to conventions. I haven't seen her for many, many years now. 

Portrait is acrylic on illustration board, 8" x 10", Spring 1982.

No comments: