Thursday, May 21, 2009

Manna Toast in the Desert




I do these doodles every so often, in tiny moments of artistic freedom in my private journal. This one is about manna from heaven which wafts down into the desert to feed the wandering Israelites. In this concept the manna is in the form of slices of toasted bread. The "bread slice" shape kept repeating as I drew the doodle. Drawn quickly no more than 3 inches tall by 2 inches wide, colored quickly in Photoshop. 

I won't be posting to the By-Product this weekend as I hope to be at Balticon and maybe sell some art. Note the conditional mode of speaking: I never say I am going to definitely do something, because something else could always happen. I guess I wouldn't do well with the practice of positive thinking. I need a vacation, but Balticon is not it, that's work. 
  

1 comment:

emikk said...

is "toast in the desert" sung to the same tune as "smoke on the water"?