Friday, February 26, 2010

Asterism




I nearly didn't get to post this, due to a power failure at my usual posting time. High winds damaged lines and blew some transformers. I am really sick of this winter stuff. If you live in eastern USA, you probably are too.

Here is another star scene from the same big long series of astronomical pictures I have been featuring. This one is called "Asterism," which is a name for a highly visible cluster of bright stars. I never get tired of astronomical pictures. I'm painting one right now, and just airbrushed the bright blue background for it, thankfully before the power went out.

"Asterism," acrylic on illustration board, 7" x 10", February 1990.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

You do them so well, I can understad why you don't get tired of them. And if they sell...that is even better!

Oddly enough, while I hate Winter and this has been a rough one, I am not "sick of it" yet. Though Spring and warmer weather will be nice when it gets here!