Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Leprechaun Monster




I don't usually do cartoon characters, whether at Trader Joe's or anywhere else. But the assignment came to me, and I did my best. The idea I was given was, advertise this product with a cartoon character that is a mix of Cookie Monster and a leprechaun. I may be the only person on earth who has never seen "Sesame Street" on TV, so I had only a vague idea of what he looks like. Someone whipped out one of those ubiquitous screen phone gadgets, spoke into it "Cookie Monster!" and within seconds, images of this character appeared in Google Images. Ain't technology grand. So there he is, the green pseudo-Irish cookie monster. "Green Plant" is an unusual drink, blending fruit juices with "microgreens" and vegetable extracts. This billboard is supposed to appeal to kids and mothers.

1 comment:

Tristan Alexander said...

It does look muppet like but since the drink is green, why is he blue? Also the "it's easy being green" screams for a frog like Kermit to me!