Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another Vineyard Visit


Another Saturday in the northern Virginia countryside, and I'm at the wine again. This landscape is at the Hume Vineyards, a newly opened winery in fancy estate country. A neighboring thunderstorm turned the sky grey, though no rain fell at the winery. I could hear distant thunder and the warbling songs of bluebirds. I could have drunk more wine but then I wouldn't drive well on my way home.


Here's a shed on the vineyard property. In the back you can see my sketchy rendering of young grape vines, just beginning to yield fruit.

Colored pencil and Pitt brown pen, respectively, both drawings on an 8" x 11" sketchbook page. Drawn outdoors on site, with no alterations or corrections in the studio, just the way the art academics want it.

No comments: