Friday, August 27, 2010

Back at Poplar Hill


The people at the Inn on Poplar Hill gave me a scrumptious breakfast out on the deck, while I listened to birds singing. Later, before I left, I drew a line sketch of their porch and the garden greenery, along with "Sequoia" the cat dozing. I have colored this in with Photoshop, trying to emulate watercolors with some success. The green flag on the porch has the symbol of the "Bed and Breakfast Association of Virginia."
Drawing is Pitt black pen on sketchbook page, about 7" x 10".

1 comment:

PoplarHill said...

This is such a nice picture. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. And hope you get down our way again soon. We just redid our web site I am going to put a link to your picture on my blog. www.innonpoplarhill.com All the best, Marty & Victoria