Sunday, August 12, 2012

Another Wine Paradise


I visited a new winery on "Wine Saturday," Otium Cellars. This lavish establishment is run by a German family and they feature German red grapes that are not grown anywhere else in Virginia. The "Blaufraenkisch" and "Dornfelder" varieties produce rich, fruity reds that are good accompaniment to drawing pictures. Otium's location is in verdant hills with acres of vineyards, and also includes horse enclosures and a barn with a riding practice area. I saw some lovely horses there but didn't have the time to draw them. Hopefully I can do that on another visit. The sunset was spectacular and the lady of the house said that they bought the property because of the sunset views. I'm trying to figure out a way I could live in that area, but maybe that would be too much of a good thing.

Colored pencil and Pitt technical pen on sketchbook page, about 8" x 11", August 11, 2012.

No comments: