Wednesday, August 29, 2012

iPad roof edge


I did this sketch on the iPad during my work break. It's about 20 minutes' worth of work. I'm finally getting close to what I want with these images, which is the interaction of building with environment, done in a digital style which resembles a gouache (opaque watercolor) painting. I must admit that some re-working was done in Photoshop before I presented this here. I haven't found the "ruler" in Art Studio which would give me accurate straight line architectural elements. I think it is there though. The texture brushes in Art Studio give me a very nice tree and leaf look.

No one is commenting on my architecture and landscape, maybe I should go back to some figure studies and dragons. There is no rule that I have to make architectural studies on my work break art time, and my neighborhood, frankly, is kind of boring when it comes to environmental elements. Unless you really get into apartment buildings, shopping centers and urban vegetation. I have to remind myself that there is no artistic prohibition on fantasy drawings on either paper or screen. 

Art Studio iPad app, August 28, 2012.

No comments: