Thursday, August 23, 2012

Veritas Winery Visit


Another day, another winery. My August 17 destination was Veritas Vineyard and Winery, the most elaborate and elegant of the wineries I visited. Veritas looks like part of a luxury hotel and is designed to host big weddings and events. They have porches, decks, and a forest area for picnicking. Inside, their tasting room is one of the largest and most luxurious I've ever seen. They make a lot of delicious wines and my favorite was "Red Star," a blend including one of my favorite varieties, Chambourcin. I enjoyed a glass of Red Star while drawing this view on the porch. Notice that the grapevines have a white band underneath them. This is a veil of strong netting which protects the precious grapes from deer, other animals, and birds. 

Colored pencil and brown ink on sketchbook page, about 8" x 10", August 17, 2012. Click on the image for a larger view.

I later sketched this view from memory in "Art Studio" on my iPad, as you see here.


No comments: