Friday, March 27, 2015

Cambridge Park People 1983


Cambridge, Massachusetts has a lot of little green parks where people can congregate. On a warm summer afternoon they wander about or lie in the grass. Often, someone is playing a guitar. The park people aren't milling around quickly and sometimes stay in one place for quite a while, which gives me the chance to draw them as if they were art models. You don't have to be nude to be an art model. You don't even have to know someone is drawing you. I usually leave out identifying facial features. A drawing I did in 1983, using the same type of pen I use now, is as good as one I did yesterday. Maybe better. Don't know why my drawings are so consistent and don't improve, but I just keep doing them. Now for that warm afternoon, I know it will arrive sooner or later.

Technical pen black ink on sketchbook page, 10" x 7", summer 1983.

No comments: