Thursday, March 26, 2015

Starbucks fashions


There may be places in my urban area where people dress nicely, but in my neighborhood, they don't. The standard clothing for men is a shapeless hoodie sweatshirt and shapeless baggy pants. For women, various stretchy shirts layered on top of each other, and black leggings. It's like one great big yoga party or construction site. These fashion plates collect at Starbucks where I am sipping my espresso. I am no better, though I've stashed my hoodie away for now. It helps that lately everything I wear is either black or purple so you don't see my "fashion" choices. Soon these folks will go into their summer configuration which is shorts and flip flops as soon as the outdoor temperature is over 50 (fahrenheit).

Black ink on sketchbook page, 3 1/2" x 6", March 25, 2015.

No comments: