Friday, March 6, 2015

Industrial Patterns 3


I can't get enough of this industrial stuff. Where's my hard hat? These structures are once again adapted from the Bechers' compendium of heavy metal pin-ups, "Industrial Landscapes." This scene is from a coal mine and coal processing plant. The complexities of different roofs and enclosed spaces which all fit together just make me feel good inside. I violated one of the Sketchers' Rules in drawing this little doodle, that is, I used a RULER. If you notice, none of the Urban Sketchers or Plein Air Painters use a ruler, I guess that is just too mechanical for them. But hey, this is a coal mine, not a gazebo in a park full of flowers. Grind on, Industrial Sketcher! Turn the wheels of the world with a pen.

Drawing in sepia Pitt technical pen ink on sketchbook page, 7" x 3", March 6, 2015.

No comments: