Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Rose Remix


I struggled with this re-mix and did not succeed in my estimation. I wanted rose petals but I got something that looks like an underwater monster instead. Yes, monsters are coming to steal your gifts and eat your cat. It wouldn't be Christmas without an ongoing state of existential dread. "Shepherds quake at the sight!" Lovely music, though, as long as you don't stop to see what we are morphing into. I could be turning into someone who doesn't use words like "existential" and "morph." Do you like the color pink? I hate that color and have for most of my life but the little 6-year-old girl downstairs from me drenches herself in it. I regret pinking out here. At least there's one arc of blue.

So I wish you a NON-PINK Merry Sweet Christmas and Fragrant Piney Yule for the Solstice, and watch out for the rose monsters.

Ink and colored pencil, digitally re-worked, 4" x 6", December 2017.

2 comments:

Mike (Altus) said...

Merry Christmas. 🙂

Texchanchan said...

On Pink: In 1975 the Texas Legislature was going to vote on the Equal Rights Amendment. For the hearings THOUSANDS of women showed up dressed in pink to demonstrate AGAINST the amendment. I was there, dressed in red, white, and blue, surrounded by these hordes of misguided females. I wouldn't wear anything pink again for decades.