Thursday, December 28, 2017

Winter Sunset, 2017


I do at least one of these mini scenes every year, so here's the "Goodbye 2017" version of the Winter Sunset. It's done from memory and no actual observation was done. The medium is colored pencil with inking. The colored pencil technique I am using here is almost like oil painting, where I can blend colors on the paper. But better than oil, because I can ink over it and not have to wait till it dries. There's a bit of Photoshop in there too but not a lot. I am not going to think too much about 2017 now.

Colored pencil with ink drawing over it, 5 1/2: x 4", December 28, 2017.

"Texchanchan," about the Order of St. Michael: The actual practice of the Order is much less rigorous. They don't keep a monastic-style schedule. The most important thing for OSM is the ongoing conversation and reflections on the e-mail list. Being present on the List is the standard for OSM, that's how we maintain fellowship. There is a yearly retreat but it's in Pennsylvania so it's difficult for non east coast folk to attend. Please e-mail me so we don't have to use my Blog to converse. There is a contact address for me on the Blog front page.

No comments: