Thursday, December 21, 2017

Kiddie Art Angel 1956


I found this in the archive. My mother, an artist herself, saved the "best" of my kiddie artistic efforts and she always encouraged me to draw and paint. I guess you could say that this Blog is one of the results of that. This little winged being looks a lot like an angel but I probably meant it to be a superhero. Note the black boots. I thought that they had high heels but actually they are spurs on bird feet. I might have been inspired by the perennial superheroes "Hawkman" and "Hawkgirl," though I can't prove that except from faded memory. I'm glad my mother saved the angel. She went on in her own career to produce whole squadrons of angels, as I have as well.

Crayon and graphite on pink or orange paper, about 8" x 10", 1956.

1 comment:

Texchanchan said...

How old were you? About three?