Friday, December 22, 2017

Connecticut Porch Stairs


My religious group, the "Order of St. Michael," has a group retreat every year and in 2006 it was at a convent and retreat house in Litchfield, Connecticut. Even though it was late April it was chilly and no flowers were out. The convent houses were built in a characteristic New England style, and I was able to make some architectural sketches of them. Our group didn't quite get along with the sisters at the convent. We burned candles outdoors which was forbidden due to fire regulations but we didn't know that...! We did not have Retreat there again.

Black tech pen ink on sketchbook page, 4" x 8", April 29, 2006.

Texchanchan: I was about 3 when I drew that angel, in 1956. Did I know I would survive and make art into the 2000s? We are lucky! I also thought you might be interested in the "Order of St. Michael" as an alumna of "Sister-List."

No comments: