Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Deskscape


This isn't a "642," it's a "still life" so to speak, of one of my workspaces I use to digitize and process photos. Many of these things are familiar. All the spaces in my cluttered archivist apartment look like this, to my constant dismay. If only I could have those ideal spacious light-filled workspaces I find in ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST, where the Artist sits at her shiny white desk looking out to a gorgeous natural view, and she is dressed in a Little Black Dress and 5 inch spike heels. Yeah uh huh.

From left to right: Box of plastic gloves to handle dusty material. Flashlight, for viewing negatives. Light up viewer for slides. Air spray can for dust. Power plug strip. Large dry paint brush, for dusting slides and negatives. 2 iPads stacked in the re-charging area. (Main computer not in this view.) Slide holder strip for moving slides into the transcriber. Transcriber, dusty, needs spraying. Artist, bleary at 3 AM.

Sepia brown tech pen on sketchbook page, 7" x 5", December 13, 2017.

No comments: