Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mexican Menu Latina Movie Gal


This "Latina entertainer" image is a lot less familiar now than it was in the 20th century when I did this piece. It's meant to evoke the famous Carmen Miranda, who wore elaborate headdresses and costumes when she performed. The headdresses often contained fruit but here she is wearing leaves and flowers. The film clicker with ID message is also a nostalgic artifact of the past, I don't know whether it is still used anywhere today. Anyway, it fit the generic "Latin" theme of Paco's Tacos. Dimensions and media are the Usual.

Recently my entries here have been visited by a "human-bot" putting up comment spam. This is particularly pathetic in that someone from some miserable foreign country is being paid pennies just to solve the "captcha" gateway and put meaningless little ads on my comment lists. I get so few comments anyway, I hate to get false ones. Many of the readers of this blog will be in the Middle Ages (at "Pennsic") for the next couple of weeks, anyway, so they won't see or comment on anything here. 

No comments: