Thursday, July 19, 2012

Nationals Park Baseball


I went with a group of my Trader Joe's co-workers to a Washington Nationals baseball game. Trader Joe's treated us very nicely with good seats over the outfield and a voucher to get food and beverages. As a Red Sox American League fanatic, I have no stake in a National League game, so I just watched the baseball and enjoyed my beer. Before and during the game I drew these sketches, one of the media display and "jumbotron" TV screen/scoreboard, and the other of a stadium bar called the "Red Porch," situated in an unusual rooftop pavilion. Nationals Park is one of the newest major league ballparks; it opened in 2008 and claims to be environmentally sensitive and "green." Meanwhile, my own Fenway Park, which is green because it is painted that color, is 100 years old this year. 

Pentel Pilot G-2 pen on sketchbook paper. Upper sketch, 6" x 6". Lower sketch, about 4" x 5". Washington Nationals 4, New York Mets 3. July 18, 2012.


No comments: