Sunday, July 22, 2012

Misty Day at Chateau O'Brien


I Wine, Rain or Shine. Saturday was a rainy day but that didn't stop me and my friends from visiting Chateau O'Brien vineyard and winery. While sipping their excellent Petit Verdot I created this iPad sketch of the view across the hills from the winery's tasting porch. You can see the bright green vines and their stakes at the bottom of the picture. The misty clouds trail across the hills, looking like wisps of cotton fiber. 

Autodesk Sketchbook Pro is great for landscaping. It has a whole lot of texture "brushes" which can simulate natural textures. Also the color selection system on Sketchbook is quick and easy to use. There is a new update for the Autodesk Sketchbook Pro app available but it tells me I have to re-purchase the whole app to get the update. It's not that expensive but I'm still a bit annoyed by that. 

Autodesk Sketchbook Pro, done on the iPad, July 21, 2012.

1 comment:

annfashion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.